Thursday, February 19, 2009

Flower cupcakes and pee pants

Hi, this is Lindsey writing this time so watch out for the spelling and grammar errors. I learned very fast after marrying Adam that him and his family are the local grammar police. I think I was even given vocabulary cards from Claudia at one time. It is now rubbing off on the kids and Sam has corrected my grammar and has reached my spelling level in school. Oh well, I can teach him the right fishing knots, that should give him all the knowledge he needs in life, right?

Anyway, today is my baby girls birthday, she is sixteen, I mean six. I think. We got up today and made her cake and 24 cupcakes with flowers on top for school. She practiced her piano (I'm a little tea pot this week) she put on her little new pink zippy and I took her to school. One hour later I got a call from her teacher saying she had peed her pants in the library and was now waiting in the sick room for new pants. I got there and she says "Mom! I was in the library checking out a book and I just could not hold it." Like I was wierd for not understanding. Hap-pee birthday!

When you live in the arctic tundra, it's not really a good idea to let your kids walk home from school...There really are no words for this one, it just makes me smile.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Lindsey, you are hilarious. Love the nudy picture of Ryan. Who is that in the snow, is that Annie?

Melanie said...

Cute photos, Linds! And it's great to hear from you too. I loved the snow photo. It reminds me of Midway. I'm glad I'm where it's 50 degrees right now.

Anonymous said...

Cute cupcakes. I know what you mean by the 6 going on 16. Mine is 12 going on 21.
The grammer thing is big to my Dad too. Maybe it's a Heaton thing. So annoying!