Ooh...the fingers are stiff from such a long blog break. I guess I'll fill you in on things until I can think of something that anyone will care to read. Who am I kidding, you all come for the kid pics anyway. Here goes: In school I wrote an essay about building a shed, and one about why people shouldn't have pets. I also drew some plans for a landscape redesign project happening on campus in the next few years. I designed several fictitious parking lots, and over spring break last week, I put my portfolio together which will be evaluated when I apply, at the end of this month, to advance into the upper division classes. I also did some math, or if you ask Lindsey, didn't do some math that I should have. At home I drew pictures and got paid for it, read a book about some vetrinarians, and played "annie-I-over" with the kids, and loved it. When the blizzard hit a couple weeks ago, I towed the rascals around the snow covered streets of the neighborhood behind the jeep. (Yes Biff, I let them use a sled.) And this weekend, Afro-G came up, we went to the zoo, played at the park, and ate 17 pounds of skittles. Good times. And now you're up to date. Lindsey did the same things she does all the time. Clean, cook, wash, assist, schedule, entertain, plan, exercise, tend, grocery shopping, chauffer, teach, girls night, and accounts payable. And I'm pretty sure at some point, there was some kissing.
As for the kids, Ryan and Adam finally made it to nursery age and we are soooo excited, now we can make it through church without either of us breaking down in tears. Annie had a birthday, and is pretty sure she is the teacher of her kindergarten class, but somehow they just forgot to inform that other "Mrs." lady. Sam is busy most days re-evaluating friend rankings (all the shuffling around after each days events is exhausting), while also trying to prove that it is indeed possible to remain constantly in motion.
Okay, relax. Here they are.

Annie's birthday. Seriously, of all the birthday pictures I'm in, roughly 84% of them find me holding a pinata. It just feels right.

And lest you get the idea from the last picture that it was a lonely party.

This is Ryan's camera face. It's similar to Blue Steel, but with slight variations. Or it could be that he's happy to be undiapered at the time, and is planning his impending assault on the hall carpet. (#2)

This is the swingset during the big snow. This was the day after I told Lindsey "I'm pretty sure I won't have to shovel any more this winter." She's still trying to teach me when to keep my mouth shut.
4 comments:
Now that the birthday season is over its time to take that hockey stick and use it for something like hockey. Seriously you could play in the parking lot up there. I always found the hallway was a good puck containment unit also... (sorry Lindsey)
You're so right. People shouldn't have pets. Especially dogs.
Your kids are cute. But then, you already know that.
Happy belated birthday, Annie. It's so sad that we're totally all "Christmas Card Friends" now.
I didn't send you a Christmas card did I?
About the mustache & shades... I was just waiting for an officer to pull me over as I was driving home that night.
Post a Comment