I "rode" the flowrider again this year. I think I'm going to make it a tradition. I'm super awesome on it. Ask anyone.
We went climbing the week after school let out and had a great time. It seems Sam was born to live with his feet off the ground. He takes so naturally to climbing and is fearless. I'm a little jealous of his natural skill.
Annie on the other hand, she's a little trepidatious about the guy holding the other end of the rope.


Surgery went well and the chicken is on the mend.

Also, as a final word of advice: Don't try to make a joke about YOUR pain level when you are at the hospital with someone who just had surgery. Nobody will laugh, and everyone will mostly ignore you from that point on. Just saying.
Can't say I blame her. The name "doofus" springs to mind.
This year Sam decided that he'd had enough soccer for a lifetime and switched to baseball. It's really the first time in my life I've watched more than three consecutive pitches of a baseball game. Again, a little jealous of his natural skill. He LOVES it. Hits like a steroid hog, fields like flypaper and runs like a maniac. Guess we shouldn't have wasted all that time on soccer.
What do you do when your sister is gone for the weekend with the girl cousins? Yep, levitation. I'm pretty sure grandma was involved.
This may look like an innocent gesture from a toddler to his dear mother, but those are really get well dandelions. Lindsey tried to be cooler than me at the driving range on her birthday, and what did she get for her effort? An L5S1 ASPLOSION (explosion), that's what! That's a ruptured vertebral disc for all you laypersons out there. And for bluntness' sake, the MRI shows the carnage, and it looks pretty much like someone stepped on a jelly doughnut. So we were referred to the orthopaedic surgeon and took a number behind all the other old men there for the same operation.
Surgery went well and the chicken is on the mend.
Also, as a final word of advice: Don't try to make a joke about YOUR pain level when you are at the hospital with someone who just had surgery. Nobody will laugh, and everyone will mostly ignore you from that point on. Just saying.
-Adam

3 comments:
Lindsey,
Hope you get well soon. Melanie and I are thinking of you. I also think that pain scale should have a winking smiley face at one end and at the other it should have someone performing "Monkey steals the Peach".
If I had an asplosion of any kind, I'm pretty sure my pain level would be at least an 11. So sorry to hear to about Lindsay's unfortunate golf adventure.
And Adam, if you're going to be "awesome" on the wave rider, I'm pretty sure you'll need to ride it more than once a year. If you're looking for some free practice, you could go back to the Millcreek culvert under the Dell access road and with a rope and knee board surf the flowing water.
- Chris L.
Try the tub. Turn the water on as high as it will go and grab your board. Ok. Maybe not. Cool photo's of Sam, the bike, the baseball swing. But the pain chart is by far the coolest.
Post a Comment