Sunday, May 3, 2009

Things you can read about

My sister has a "favorite things Friday" feature on her blog. I'm sure she stole that idea from some daytime talk show. I'm going to steal her stolen idea, twist and personalize it, and lay it down for you.

I bring you: "Things that bug & things that don't"

Bug:

1. College math
2. Account balance: . . .
3. "Dad, I NEED you!" , "It's 10:30, go to sleep." "but my legs are itchy..."
4. Weeds
5. Cat pee, on the carpet, in the van, and we don't own a cat
6. Being a man, driving a van
7. Check Engine light (humility reminder)
8. Wet sock
9. Working as a grocery stocker, at age 32.
10. Age 32
11. Bowl of cereal poured, spoon at hand, last three drops of milk
12. People who complain about stuff that bugs
13. The treadmill

non-bug:

1. Hot homemade bread
2. Rain (even better if it contains frolicking kids)
3. Sunday afternoon nap
4. "Dad, I NEED you"
5. Dirt (again, better with kids)
6. Massage night
7. "The Office"
8. Watching 6 year olds play soccer in the rain
9. Roasting marshmallows in the new fire pit with the kids
10. Good food on the table
11. Haircuts
12. Driveway basketball games
13. Brown recliner
14. Snow
15. Kalai
16. Sleeping in a tent
17. Family dinners (the big family)
18. New socks
19. Building stuff
20. Nog (of the egg)
21. Clean sheet day

School is out for dad, and we are ready for some sunny days to get outside more. Come visit, roast some marshmallows, sleep in the bunkbeds, and we'll go to the "tiny zoo".

3 comments:

Lance and Meg said...

Hey now, I stole favorite things Friday from no one! That was actually my own brilliant idea. I don't have them often, but when I do...woooeeee! I like things that bug and things that don't!

Sarah Scott said...

Whatever Megan totally stole that idea....


Anyway, Hannah misses her Ryan. We need to come back up and play.

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a cute family! I hate the wet socks thing too.