This year to celebrate the awesomeness, I took her out to teach me how to golf. Also, I let her drive because it was her birthday. I really like golf because you get to be outside with nature breathing the fresh air, enjoying the wildlife, and most of the people around aren't close enough to hear all the profanity.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Happy Birfday Linds!
About three decades ago in the waning days of May was when Lindsey started being awesome. And she just never stopped.
This year to celebrate the awesomeness, I took her out to teach me how to golf. Also, I let her drive because it was her birthday. I really like golf because you get to be outside with nature breathing the fresh air, enjoying the wildlife, and most of the people around aren't close enough to hear all the profanity.
So, since she's the pro, I asked Linds for some pointers, but after watching a few practice swings she insisted that my form was already perfect and needed no correction. Awesome.
She did help me out with some directions a few times, but quickly stopped once she realized I wasn't intentionally hitting the ball sideways. Not really...she didn't stop, she just laughed harder.
A few days prior, in preparation for the rigors of golf, we took the kids fishing. Which means we took the kids fishing poles with us, and I fished.
I know this one's a little tough to make out with the camo and all, but it's Sam running. You can just make out the top of his left ear, and a little yellow patch on the bottom of his shoe.
All these times I've tried to explain to Annie that the sun doesn't rise and set on her. I guess I was at least half right.
Teaching Rhino the finer points of angling..."There's the twister knob part, and that's the skinny part, and this here's the holdy part."
"Ryan, if you ever drop your keys in a pool of duck pooh infested water, just let 'em go 'cause buddy, they're gone." 
After the golfing we recuperated by fishing some more. But only uncle john was the only one who got lucky... or, well who had luck...when we fished.
Naughty catchphrase: Great for family vacations! Actually it was regular catchphrase, but when it gets late and everyone's a little punchy, well...you know.
Now that I'm in school again and we're all poor and stuff, my kids have given up their imaginary friends. Now they brag to each other about their imaginary clothes. Ry can't get enough "Nannah".
This year to celebrate the awesomeness, I took her out to teach me how to golf. Also, I let her drive because it was her birthday. I really like golf because you get to be outside with nature breathing the fresh air, enjoying the wildlife, and most of the people around aren't close enough to hear all the profanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nannah is available for birthday parties, weddings, and bar mitzvahs.
Great pictures Adam. So John got lucky while fishing, I'll have to ask Sharon about that.
Golf.....you're old. A real man plays shuffleboard.
Post a Comment