Sunday, April 12, 2009

Baby Animals

Linds and I want you to know why we like the songs on our player. So I'll go one by one and tell you any backstory I can remember.

First, Kalai is the most phenomenal player of guitar I've ever seen. His live shows leave me with chills for a week. And yes, I'm a man, so that's a pretty big accomplishment. If you haven't seen Kalai live, tell me and I will personally take you to a show. It is seriously that important to me that you experience him before you die.


Alphabutt is for the kiddies. The kiddies in all of us. Ok, it's really for me to enjoy, and for me to enjoy picturing you listening to it. Kimya Dawson is half of the band called The Moldy Peaches, and she has a couple solo albums. Her lyrics are insightful, and cleverly comedic, and sometimes profane. Select from her work carefully.


Stephanie Smith was a happy accident. We went on a cheap date to a free friday night concert that was hosted by Tahitian Noni in their small cafe/lounge. We were, I'm pretty sure, the only 2 of the 10 or so attendees that were not actually related to her. We were blown away after the first couple songs, and continue to check her out when she has a show nearby. And she remembers our names.


Ingrid Michaelson's "Be OK" is Lindsey and Ryan's favorite song. They both just want to be OK.


Okay, I know you are questioning the michael jackson (he doesn't even get capitalized). When Lindsey and I watched Thirteen going on thirty, well... she wanted to learn the dance...bad. So we got the song and video and now if you ask her, she'll dance the thriller for you.


Helpless by Needle was my pick. It is so sad and cloudy that I liked it from the first listen, and it just keeps sticking with me. I don't know why I like that kind of stuff, because I'm not really sad or cloudy, but what can I say.


I found the Weepies the first time on the shared itunes network at the logo place. The name is what drew me in, mostly because it sounded like sad, cloudy kind of stuff. Some is, some not, but I dig it.


I heard Jonathan Coulton on Pandora radio, and loved it. I wanted to play it for Biff, who LOVES Ikea, and I never have. So here it is for all (both) of you. And if you've had the meatballs, you know.


Taken by trees covering Sweet Child O' Mine. You'll want to sing along, because you remember all the words, and you can remember Axel whining away...but this is a version that won't mess up your kids. Just listen and you'll get it.


Not as we. This particular Alanis song was on an episode of House. We loved it wanted it and had to wait for 4 months before it was available on iTunes. It's kinda sad and...well, cloudy.


Half Acre by Hem. Yep, you remember it from the washington mutual commercial where people are demonstrating the karma of niceness and the niceness keeps flowing from person to person. We learned about Hem way before that commercial and their other stuff is celtic-y and lullaby-ish. Good for Sunday afternoons.


Paperweight by Joshua Radin. We call him Joshy and we hang out with him when he's in Hyrum. Actually we don't know him and we just like his music. And this song in particular. I don't know who the girl is that sings with him on this song. But she's good too.


Now onto the events of the week.


Baby animals (not my kids) were on display at the American West Heritage Center in Wellsville. We took our baby animals to visit them and climb a greased pole. They had teepees, britches, and a cow that about killed Lindsey. Sam got to hold a goat, and after he went all mice and men on it, Annie got to hold the dead goat.









Sam had his first Pinewood derby this week, and won all four of his races. In a strange plot twist, he failed to make the finals. Lindsey was ready to rage.







When Annie is left alone with Ryan for a few minutes... I don't know if you noticed the pink shin gaurds or not.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam! I found Sarah's blog through Malinda's, and found yours through Sarah's! Your kids are so freaking cute!! I can't believe how much your boys look like you!! I'm assuming you guys are in the Logan area? We aren't far away, we're in Brigham!

Unknown said...

I guess I should have mentioned this is your FAVORITE cousin, Stacy!!

Seth said...

I'm weeping from the weepies. Tis good. Actually the whole selection is something to pour fudge all over.